Monday, May 30, 2011

Irritated with the system!

I sometimes wonder who our maintenence system and divorce system was actually designed for. I often just shake my head at the challenges I have to face asking for what is necessary for me to sustain some form of decent lifestyle.


Sorry I've been MIA but I havent had internet at home and I dont get access at work and its a nightmare to update via my BB :(

Its in my Divorce Agreement that the maintenance is supposed to go up annually by the CPI. I have an Emolument order (similar to a garnishee) against J's salary. So, logical thinking is that I should just be able to go to the maintenance courts with my Divorce agreement -they see what was ordered and the Emolument is amended -right?

Wrong!

From what the lady at the maintenance court says I have to basically re-apply? I need to provide 6 months bank statements, 6 months payslips plus the last 6 months expenses in triplicate.

Do you have any idea how much paper work that all is? Even my slips that I've kept I need to copy in triplicate.


Not only that but they want letters from the school confirming the fee increase.

I guess I'm just irritated because its a heck of a lot of work for a couple hundred rands extra, and I literally mean a couple! And I also dont really understand the logic behind it, I'm NOT applying for extra per say - its what is stated in agreement???

lol I dunno perhaps you can help me see things differently as you so often have before :)

2 comments:

A Daft Scots Lass said...

Hopefully you can get it all sorted out soon. Sounds like a lot of effort but I'm sure it will be worth it.

Anonymous said...

That does sound like alot of extra work. From what I can remember when my mom and dad were divorced there was an automatic increase each year without her having to re-apply. I suppose it does make sense if circumstances change in a year like you get an awesome increase / promotion / get remarried...then you wouldn't need the extra money? I don't know but what a pain!!!