Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I've started sewing again :)

Sewing was always something I did under guidance from my mom. She was a master!lol. She made most of my clothes as a child. My Debutantes Ball dress, my Matric dance dress, my evening gowns for dances at University. She even made my wedding dress. After she passed away I just couldnt. I had no inclination. This past weekend I was looking at some of my fabric I had stored and I just had this urge to get-a-sewing :)

I made these two tops for Lem - and shame she was so happy that I had made them for her and "I'm going to tell EVERYONE at school Mom". It was a real *puffy heart* moment and the joy in sewing is coming back :) I cant actually wait now to find the time to make some more things for her :)

I must admit that when I was done and it all worked the first thing I wanted to do was show my mom. I just smiled knowing that she is watching me and I hope what I made met with her approval. Although when I took some shortcuts I could almost hear her "NO Tanya - that isnt what I taught you!" pmsl. lol Love you mom.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done Tanya! You are so domesticated I'm jealous...baking, jewellery making and now sewing. What can't you do? :)

A Daft Scots Lass said...

Congratulations...

Lem looks so grown up! Now I feel damn OLD

Hayley said...

Well done! I so, so wish I could sew!