Thursday, January 15, 2009

A busy week


So my little angel started Grade 1 on Wednesday. She was so excited and looks SO grown up in her uniform! In the mornings before we leave I often just watch her getting her things together wondering where my baby went.

The 1st day wasn't as full of Drama as I expected :) Ok..one small hiccup..I underestimated how much traffic there would be at the school itself..I parked virtually in Jeanette's driveway lol. She lives in the same road as the school - and then had to walk up to the school.

We got to the class and I showed Lem her place. As we walked in about 5/6 kids shouted "LEMON!" and ran up to her and gave her a hug..then one of the girls she had met the day before ran up to her and gave her a picture she had drawn of the two of them holding hands.
I can't explain it, but it was a really proud moment for me :)

So Lemmie seems to have settled in really well - I am so excited to be taking this journey with her!

There is however one damper on this whole experience.

The whole transport thing.

Last year Lem and Saige went to the same school which is on the next block. I left home at 6.30am - dropped them off, dropped J off at work by 7 and I would get to work around 7.45am.

Now, I can not drop Lemon off before 7am. So, I will have to drop Saige, drive 5 km's in the opposite direction to drop Lem off at 7am - that is peak hour traffic.

I do not know how on earth I am going to get J to work and then get me to work by 8am. It's not going to happen.

My only alternative really is to approach my boss about me starting work at 8.30.

My boss is not the easiest of people to approach - as it is when I get a call at work that one of my children are sick it takes me about 20 mins to muster the guts to ask her if I can leave, javascript:void(0)lol.

This is going to be a real challenge for me - Its going to be the case of 1...2..3...JUMP ! lol.

5 comments:

Corey~living and loving said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, and leaving a lovely comment. :) Any friend of Jeanette's is a friend to me. :) You Lemon is adorable, and what a darling name. I hope it works out with your boss. I'll send good thoughts your way.

Anonymous said...

Gosh thats transport dilemma is tricky - you know my solution ;-p

She looks so super cute Tanya! Glad it went well!

Anonymous said...

Well done to Lemon, she sounds super ready for school. She is such a cutey. I hope your boss agress to the 08:30 start, that sounds like your best solution, so I hope she is reasonable about it...

Lau said...

Hey there, Lemon looked so cute. Good luck at work. My blog address has changed: laupanda-littledorrit.blogspot.com & I've added laudiscovery.blogspot.com

A Daft Scots Lass said...

Lemmie looks gorgeous in her uniform. Gosh I can't believe she's off to big school. Time Flies...hope you sort out the transport problem.